Comprehensive Research in the Field of Protection of Children’s Rights
The project focuses on selected sub-topics in the area of social and legal protection of children and substitute family care in connection with the research needs of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications related to the fulfillment of the goals of the Government-approved National Strategy for the Protection of Children’s Rights 2021–2029 (Resolution No. 1323 of December 14, 2020) and tasks outlined in the I. action plan to fulfill the National Strategy for the Protection of Children’s Rights 2021–2029.
The project will include, among other things, the independent processing of the following research topics:
1. analysis of the reasons for placing children in alternative forms of care and mapping children’s passage through the substitute care system;
2. identification of barriers in the access of Roma children to mediation of substitute family care;
3. implementation of research into factors affecting the quality of life of endangered children and families;
4. facilities for children requiring immediate assistance in the 21st century;
5. fulfilling the needs of children entrusted to unmediated foster care as well as the needs of persons who care for these children.